Friday, June 29, 2012

Crepe Boy

January something? 2012

Miracle happened. That ''friend'' I shamelessly stalked--asked me out the other day in the library. Could. not. believe.it. I was seriously shocked.
and THRILLED.
We went out for sushi and went to a kareoke thing after that.. (I hate sushi, butttt I was not about to miss this date for the world so...)
He was dreamy. I'm really excited to get to know him, he just seems like the kind of person I want to be around..I can't even think of any good reason of why I feel so drawn to him.
Just am.
There were little quirky moments of course, and it felt first-datey-ish at times...but he's cute and I like how he makes me feel a  little nervous. Maaaaybe I shouldn't have admitted to stalking him though :/

February 7th 

Went to a Climb Works meeting to learn about what they do all summer.
Desperately want to go with but wonder if it will be too forward....? I mean he doesn't seem that interested, and I am rapidly approaching legit stalker status.

March 7th 

Applied. Interviewed.
Waiting to hear back about working in Tennessee with these guys all summer.
Unfortunately me and crepe boy have ceased almost all communication. But seriously...this job sounds so awesome that I wanna go regardless of how awkward it could potentially be for a bit.

June 19th

Got the job. Drove across the country. Been living out here in Tennessee about 3 weeks now. When I was pulling into the apartment complex on May 30th I had a minute panic attack at the gate. Did I seriously follow adorable crepe kid across the country? What the eff was I doing here? I am acting living like a total crazy person. Is he totally freaked out by me? Can I play it cool enough to make it seem like I ONLY came out because the job is so awesome? I think I can. I mean I did come out for the job ...didn't I?

The first week or so I legitimately did not could not look crepe boy in the eye because I was SO intent on not coming off as a pathetic stage 5 clinger. So yeah, you could say I was super mature about it. As all of the employees started settling in and getting to know each other...the truth came out about crepe boy. In a late night pillow talk with the girls, I realized he couldn't actually care less whether or not I was a stalker, his girlfriend (who I currently share an apartment with) would be keeping him prettttty occupied this summer.

You know that awkward moment when you think a situation is allll about you and then it turns out the l.o.y.l. already has a girlfriend who's wonderful in every way? ..whoops. Wish I woulda known that 2,000 miles ago. 

June 22nd


Apparently I'm not the only one who stalks Crepe Boy. Turns out, EVERY girl he has ever associated with ever, at all, is completely in love with him. He has this super power, and women everywhere just come unglued around him. Its crazy. Every female employee at our job is currently pining over him. It's super hilarious and has really helped bring us all together--we've bonded over our mutual pathetic-ness. There's only one girl who seems immune to his superhuman magnetism: the one he's in love with. His super powers don't seem to have such a powerful effect on her--she's getting ready to serve a mission this fall. GAH. The irony. 

All stalker jokes aside, my gut instinct about this guy was that he is something really special. Enough that I stepped wayy out of my comfort zone to come out here and try to spend some more time with him, and not only him but all the kids out here in Tennessee. These are great people. I wanted to know them better. I wanted to share some memories, to learn from them, and grow a bit this summer as a person.

That's not so crazy right?

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Not crazy at all! It is brave and I am proud of ya!!!!

Summer said...

oh my gosh....that is all so crazy about him & his girlfriend haha...also i miss your face...come back soon