Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pond Scum...Lower than Pond Scum.

The other night my "friend zone" friend came over to tell me he'd finally had enough and was peace'n out. (Which is good, because I'm awful and selfish..) But before he left he wanted me to listen to this cheesy country song by Rascal Flatts.
I think he wanted to torture my heart a little bit for what I did to his.

This is way too sappy for blogworld but...there's like 4 girls who read this? So whatever.

Baby look here at me, have you ever seen me this way?
I've been fumbling for words through the tears and the hurt and the pain.
I'm gonna lay it all out on the line tonight,
I think that it's time to tell this uphill fight goodbye.

Have you ever had to love someone that just don't feel the same?
Trying to make somebody care for you the way I do, is like trying to catch the rain.
If love is really forever, I'm a winner at a losing game.

I know that baby you've tried to find me somewhere inside of you,
But you know you can't lie--girl you can't hide the truth.
Sometimes two hearts just can't dance to the same beat,
so I'll pack up my things and take what remains of me.
I know I'll never be, the man that you need, or love..
Its killing me to stand here and see I'm not what you've been dreaming of.

Have you ever had to love someone who just doesn't feel the same?
Tryin' to make somebody care for you the way I do, is like trying to catch the rain.
If love is really forever, I'm a winner at a losing game.
...............Yeahhh, no really, that happened. After he played it we both just kind of awkwardly sat there. I didnt know if he was waiting for an apology or what? Ahhh....anyway, This is my life.

3 comments:

katie cottrell said...

one of the 4 girls here :)
and i am currently in my bed laughing at these lyrics. i need the full story with all the details some time soon!

Brooke Shoko said...

he DID NOT.
ahhhh christy that about killed me.
haha.

csue-tingey said...

first word that comes to mind.
classic
hahaha loved this.
but not as much as i love youuuuuu