Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Who is Joseph Kony?


I can't fall asleep without thinking of these kids. 
There is a lot of argument about whether or not this organization has real integrity or if it's a whole lot of hooplah and a way to get rich quick playing off of people's emotions. 
Who really cares?
This is a situation people need to know about. 
I think raising the global awareness can do nothing but good. I'm annoyed by those cynical intellectuals out there who choose to jump into conversation and threads only to say that it's silly and naive to get behind this organization because it's flawed. 
It's one thing to propose a plan of your own,
 but there is nothing productive about tearing down 
and picking apart someone's honest effort to make a positive
change in the world. 
I was so moved by this. 
It really opened my eyes and made me think outside myself.
So yeah, it probably won't solve the problem over night
But it made a world of difference to me.

2 comments:

brittyd said...

I wanna make a difference in the worrrrrrrld.
Watched all 29:59 of that.

csue-tingey said...

this made me cry. I couldn't help but think of all the kids we've been helping in kenya. kony makes me sick. I can't wait to see this come full force on him!!