Friday, December 30, 2011

.2011.

Favorite Moment of 2011:
 Probably sending Thuglas off on his mission this spring...I felt about a million different emotions during that time. I was sad to see him leave and bummed to lose one of my best friends, but also so so excited and proud of him and just felt an out pouring of love within our family right before he left.

Least Favorite:
I was working at dear old Iron Gate Grill over St. Patrick's day...they had this live Irish band come play and  I felt like I was in a scene from PS. I love you....buttt as the night went on the customers just got more and more hammered and we were working later and later into the night (we usually closed at 11 and it was like, closing in on 2 in the morning by the time we went home) It had been a way stressful shift and I was exhausted and upset that I had been there so long...Just then, some inebriated young lass puked all over on her way to the bathroom and guess who my miserable manager sent to go "take care of it?"......this girl. I was scooping up vomit with a dustpan and thinking to myself....I'm getting paid like, 2 dollars an hour for this..
Total low point. Sent me straight back reminiscing about the dorms at Iowa Western...*shudders*


Music/Movies/Books: This year I was lovin' on the Civil Wars, the Black Keys, Noah and the Whale, Ray Lamontagne, Kiersten Holine, Sara B, Justin Vernon, and Angus & Julia Stone.

Umm, in the cinema category; I was thrilled with HP 7.2,  and JB's Never Say Never, The Help, the newest Sherlock Holmes annnd 17 miracles.

Books: Finally made it through Jesus the Christ this summer. Then Articles of Faith, Divine Signatures (on Brooke's recommendation) annnd over Christmas break I've just been plowing through the BOM trying to get done before the end of the year. So. Not a lot of recreational reading :/ your suggestions would be appreciated for 2012...


Love Interests:
1) The old seed of faith/parasite growing in your heart guy.
 I thought we ended on good terms, but he's mad at me lately and I don't really know why. I wrote him a christmas card to apologize but I never sent it. I never really knew what I was apologizing for...?
2) The Roommates.
Stalked the one, got asked out by the other. Tried to make it work....but just...no spark.
3) The kid from Dad's ward.
He's so sweet. But I'm worried its another Chavez situation.

Good people, no dice. Dating gets real discouraging sometimes.
But, you just gotta keep. moving. forward.
...right?

Resolutions:
I can't really remember what my resolutions were.
I know I wanted to get a job. And get more involved on campus. And read through the Book of Mormon. And probably get a boyfriend. Ha, so I'm sitting at about 2.7ish out of 4.
meh.


Regrets:
Ohhh nothing is really coming to mind.
I kinda wanted to on a mission this summer but it's not really eating away at me. I think I made the right choice.
No regrets :) Happy to report it.

2011...thanks for the memzz.

No comments: